Travertine is more porous than most other natural stones. Basically is a stoner rich in calcium and often looks a lot like limestone. You usually see travertine as being rougher and texture, there color and surface and finish can really be a tell tale sign as to the difference between travertine and limestone.
- care should be taken when cleaning this stone and let us help if you have questions
- use a pH neutral so which is always best for daily cleaning
- because this stone is porous you need to watch it a little bit more closely than a marble, keep it clean because it is more porous
- use a vacuum and be careful on the commercial cleaners you buy
- the stone often times needs repaired because of the holes and pitting
- dirt and dust in the polls can make a very dull looking travertine which can be hard to clean